Key verse – Leviticus 17:11. ‘For the life of the flesh is in the blood and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls, for it is the blood that makes an atonement for the soul.’ (So Messiah through His atoning blood cleanses our souls before God).
‘For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats (at Yom Kippur today) should take away sins.’
Why? Because there is not Temple and no High Priest in Israel. (The name Israel means he who struggles with God).
What the blood of Messiah Yeshua does:-
1) Makes atonement for sin – Leviticus 17:11. John 19:20.
2) Seals the New Covenant with God – 1 Corinthians 11:24.
3) Ratifies the justification of the sinner who believes in Jesus – Romans 5:9.
4) Procures redemption for the believer – Ephesians 1:7.
5) It brings the believer near to God – Ephesians 2:13.
6) The believer is reconciled to God – Colossians 1:20.
7) It looses the sins of the believer – Romans 1:7.
8) It purges the conscience of believers from dead works and self-striving to be clean – Hebrews 9:14.
9) It gives the disciple boldness of access into the presence of God – Hebrews 10:19.
10) Believer is cleansed from all sins – 1 John 1:7.
Date : 02/02/2020