Statement of Beliefs.
- Jacob’s Ladder Christian Fellowship is evangelical and centred on Jesus the Christ (Yeshua HaMaschiah) as the only provision for the sin of mankind through His atonement and resurrection. We believe the Holy Bible teaches a tri-unity of the Godhead, and that the Tanakh (Old Covenant or Testament) and Brit HaDashah (New Covenant or Testament) are the plenary inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God and supreme doctrinal authority for our beliefs.
- We believe God’s covenant with Israel is as eternal as His covenant with the Church to all those who believe and walk in His ways, and that born again Gentiles are grafted into the spiritual olive tree of Israel, and are not a new one. We hold to a traditional pre-millennial eschatology, we also believe God has a prophetic plan for Israel and reject Replacementism (God has finished with Israel) and Restorationism (kingdom ‘now’ theology) as false. We see ‘a’ and ‘post’ millennial doctrine as anti-Semitic towards the plan and purposes for God’s ancient people. Please note that Sha’ul/Paul the Apostle clearly states in Romans chapter 9 verse 4 that Israel has the promises of God and this is listed last in this list of benefits which will be fulfilled as the rest of the Holy Scriptures teach, this being on the Messiah’s return to reign for a physical 1,000 years. The Messiah comes as the Son of Joseph (a suffering Servant) and then as the Son of David (a conquering King to rescue and restore Israel). As the Suffering Servant of Yahweh, Yeshua has already conquered death, sin, Satan and Hell for all Jews and Gentiles who put their trust in Him during this dispensation of Grace. This is the plan of God shown within the Holy Scriptures as a whole and it is clearly seen within the Old and New Covenants. We do not believe in any form of Dual Covenant theology, Two House Covenant or Ephraimite theology as some other organisations and ministries do.
- We also believe that Jesus the Nazarene, fulfilled the Law of Moses which Israel sadly broke and were then scattered around the world as the Scriptures and history clearly attest, and that by faith in Him alone as our Kapporah, our Passover Lamb, and our Yom Kippur Scapegoat, we have atonement for sin and true salvation for Jew and Gentile as shown again within the Old and New Covenants of God.
- We hold that Scripture shows that both Jews and Gentiles are one in Yeshua/Jesus (Ephesians 2:11-22; and 3:6), being the ‘one new man’ (Eph 2:14) and that believers should preserve their own ethnic and cultural identities (Acts 17:26 and 1 Corinthians 7:17-18).
- We also hold that the New Testament (Brit HaDashah) reveals the elements, rituals, and feasts of the Mosaic Law fulfilled in Yeshua, to be types providing valuable object lessons to illustrate and illuminate the Gospel message (including the feasts of the Lord). That in comparing and contrasting the Scriptures we find the old revealed in the new and the new hidden within the old.
- The same as we regard Mother Church (Rome) and non-evangelical forms of Christianity to be unbiblical and not the faith taught by Yeshua/Jesus in the New Testament, we hold Rabbinic Judaism to be unbiblical and not the faith taught by Moses in the Tanach. Both are man-made faiths. All tradition, whether Talmudic and rabbinic, or patristic and ecclesiastical, is not compulsory, and even where it may be of value it is not of co-equal authority with Holy Scripture. (By unbiblical we mean that the Truth delivered in the Brit HaDashah has not been fully believed and sadly rejected as Yeshua was).
Statement of Faith and Fundamental Truths.
The fundamental teachings of this Fellowship are reflected in the following clear statements of faith:
- WE BELIEVE that the Holy Bible (The Scriptures), containing the Old and New Testaments (Tanakh & Brit HaDashah) excluding the Apocrypha, is the plenary inspired Word of God, inerrant and infallible, the sole and final authority for all matters; being the all sufficient rule for faith, conduct and practice for all born again believers. (2 Timothy 3:15-16; 2 Peter 1:21).
- WE BELIEVE in the unity of the One True and Living God (YHVH), Who is the Eternal, Self-Existent “I AM”. Who has also revealed Himself as One being in Three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit, distinguishable but indivisible. The Holy, Divine, Eternal and Glorious Godhead. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Exodus 3:14; Matthew 28:19).
- WE BELIEVE in the Virgin Birth, Sinless Life, Miraculous Ministry, Substitutionary Atoning Death, Bodily Resurrection, Triumphant Ascension and Abiding Intercession of the Lord Jesus Christ (Adonai Yeshua HaMashiach), and in His Pre-millennial Second Advent as the blessed hope set before all believers. (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Hebrews 7:26; 1 Peter 2:22; Acts 2:22; 10:38; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 9:12; Luke 24:39; 1 Corinthians 15:4; Acts 1:9; Ephesians 4:8-10; Romans 8:34; Hebrews 7:25; 1 Corinthians 15:22-24; 51-57; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:1-6.
- WE BELIEVE that man was created pure and upright to have fellowship with God his Creator, as recorded in the Book of Genesis. But then fell by voluntary transgression resulting in his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to Divine righteousness. (Genesis 1:26-31; 3:1-7; Romans 5:12-21).
- WE BELIEVE in salvation through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (Adonai Yeshua HaMashiach). Who died for our sins according to the Holy Scriptures, was buried and was raised from among the dead on the third day according to the Holy Scriptures, and through His Blood we have Redemption. (Titus 2:11; 3:5-7; Romans 10:8-15; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4). This experience is also known as the New Birth, and is an instantaneous and complete operation of the Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh) upon initial faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (Yeshua HaMashiach). (John 3:5-6; James 1:18; 1 Peter 1:23; 1 John 5:1).
- WE BELIEVE that Baptism (Mikveh) by immersion in water is enjoined upon all who have really repented and have truly believed with all their hearts in Jesus Christ (Yeshua HaMashiach) as Saviour and Lord. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 10:47-48; Acts 2:38-39).
- WE BELIEVE in the speaking with other tongues (Languages) as the Holy Spirit gives utterance. (Acts 2:4; 10:44-46; 11:14-16; 19:6). The Scriptures are our guide and we note the inspired words of Paul (Sha’ul) in 1 Corinthians 12:11 – ‘… and He gives them to each one, just as He determines’ and in verse 30 – ‘… do all speak in tongues?’
- WE BELIEVE that the Gifts of the Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh) and the Offices have been set by God (YHVH) in the Church/Body of Believers, as recorded in the New Testament (Brit Hadasha). (1 Corinthians 12:4-11, 28; Ephesians 4:7-16; Romans 12:4-8; 1 Timothy 3:1-13).
- WE BELIEVE in the Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world and perfecting of holiness in the fear of and reverence towards God as expressing the true Messianic Jewish/Christian faith. (Ephesians 5:18; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18; 7:1; Hebrews 12:14). In holiness of life and conduct, in obedience to the command of God, “You shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and you shall be holy for I am holy.” (Leviticus 11:44; 1 Thessalonians 5:23).
- WE BELIEVE that deliverance from bodily sicknesses or ailments, by Divine Healing is provided for through the promises recorded. (Matthew 8:16-17; James 5:13-16; 1 John 5:14).
- WE BELIEVE in the table of the Lord Jesus Christ (Adonai Yeshua HaMashiach), commonly called the Communion or the Lord’s Supper, that it is enjoined upon all believers for the Breaking of Bread (symbolising His body) and partaking of the Wine (symbolising His Blood) in remembrance and to proclaim His death till He comes. (Luke 22:14-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-32).
- WE BELIEVE in the bodily resurrection of all men, the everlasting conscious bliss of all who truly believe in our Lord Jesus Christ (Adonai Yeshua HaMashiach) and that everlasting conscious punishment is the portion of all whose names are not written in the Book of Life. (Isaiah 66:24; Daniel 12:2). In the reality and personality of the Devil and eternal judgement in the Lake of Fire for the Devil, the Anti-Christ, the False Prophet, fallen angels and all those in Hell (John 5:28-29; 1 Corinthians 15:22-24; Daniel 12:2-3; Matthew 25:46; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10-15).