Reading: Genesis 4:1-10.
1) Abel’s blood cried from the ground unto God for vengeance.
2) God heard the cry and acted upon it.
3) Consequently, Cain was punished for his transgression.
Read: Hebrews 12:22-24.
1) In comparing the Old Covenant with the New, the Hebrew writer speaks of two differening types of blood.
2) The blood of sprinkling concerning which he speaks of is different to that of Abel’s.
3) Abel’s blood cried out for vengeance.
4) The blood of Jesus cries out for our salvation.
5) Therefore Jesus’ blood speaks better than that of Abel’s.
The Blood of Messiah speaks of His House or Church.
1) The Church was purchased by the blood of Jesus (Acts 20:28).
1 Peter 5:“Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.”
2) Since the church was purchased by the blood, then each member in the church had to be purchased by the blood.
1 Corinthians 6:20 “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.”
Rev. 5:9 “And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for Thou was slain, and hast redeemed us to God by Thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation.”
To whom do we belong to? To Yeshua, our Lord and our Master.
Reconciliation occurs in the church through the blood of Jesus.
1) “But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God.” See also Rev. 5:9
The church is a priesthood through the blood (Hebrews 10:19).
1) “Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus”
2) Only the priests could enter into the holiest place in the tabernacle.
4) Peter speaks of our priesthood “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light; Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.”1 Peter 1:
The Blessings of the church are only to those who have washed their robes in the blood. (Rev. 7:14)
Romans 3:24, 25 “Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”
NB. The prerequisite to salvation is faith, which God has always demanded of his people (Hebrews 11:6).
1) A propitiation is something which satisfies or appeases.
2) The blood of Christ satisfied God’s demand for a sacrifice that would forgive sins.
3) Romans 3:25 (above)
4) 1 John 2:2 “And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
5) This is the ultimate manifestation of God’s love for us. 1 John 4:10 “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.”
Forgiveness of Sins is through a Covenant.
Matthew26:28 “For this is my blood of the New Testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins”
1) Ephesians 1:7 ” In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace.”
2) Rev. 5:9 (above)
3) Redemption means to buy back (like we do with coupons).
4) Christ paid the price for our soul’s salvation with his blood.
5) This shows how much God values our souls.
Access to Heaven.
1) Hebrews 9:14, 15 “How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.”
2) Hebrews 10:19 “Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh.”
3) Rev. 12:11 “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”
1. Service to it.
Hebrews 9:14 “How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?”
We must be willing to serve as the one who shed the blood served.
2. Warning to those who reject it.
Hebrews 10:28, 29 “He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?”
Under the old law, no mercy was shown. But under the new law men have more time to repent. Those who have been given greater opportunity shall be judged harsher who reject the blood of Christ under which greater opportunity to repent is given.
The procurement for Believers:-
1) Remission of sin – Matthew 26:28. Acts 10:38.
2) Reconciliation to God – Col 1:20. 2 Cor 5:21.
3) Redemption from bondage – Ephesians 1:7, 1 Peter 1:19.
The promise for Disciples:-
4) Justification from sin – Romans 5:9, 3:25.
5) Sanctification unto God – Eph 2:13. Heb 10:19.
6) Glorification into Heaven – Rev 7:14, 5:19.
Unto to Him who loves us and died for us, be glory, honour, dominion and power for evermore. Amen.
Date : 30/11/-0001