1. THE WHOLE HEARTED SCRIBE – LUKE 9:57-58.
Adonai Y’shua reminded him of the Cost of Discipleship.
2. THE COLD-HEARTED ADHERENT – LUKE 9:59-60.
The Lord Jesus reminded him of the Claims of Discipleship.
3. THE HALF-HEARTED FOLLOWER – LUKE 9:61-62.
Our Messiah and Saviour reminded him of the Conditions of Discipleship.
The Conditions are:-
a) Full Consecration to our Lord. Matthew 16:24-25.
b) Continuance in His Word. John 8:31.
c) Courage to count the cost. Luke 14:26-27 and 33.
Compare – John 6:66. Looking back, looking to the things behind – the negative example.
Contrast -Phil 3:14. Sha’ul (Paul)_ Forgot the things behind – the positive example.
THE SEED IS THE WORD OF GOD – LUKE 8:11.
What the Scriptures do for our Spiritual Life:-
1. We are born of the Word. 1 Peter 1:23.
2. We grow by the Word. 1 Peter 2:2.
3. We are cleansed by the Word. John 15:3.
4 We are sanctified by the Word. John 17:17.
5. We are protected by the Word. Ephesians 6:17.
6. We are edified by the Word. Acts 20:32.
7. We are illuminated by the Word. Psalm 119:105.
8. We are converted by the Word. Psalm 19:11.
9. We are satisfied by the Word. Psalm 119:103.
Nine is the biblical number denoting physical completion. If we walk in these verses
and with Him we shall indeed run the race well, standing before our God and hearing
His words – “Well done thou good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of your Lord.” Matthew 25:21.
Date : 30/11/-0001