Introduction: John the Apostle is now given Visions of Glory having watched the unfolding of prophetic events that are to come upon the earth and its inhabitants in the Last Days of human history. Now he looks at a description of the Eternal State.
All Things Made New.
The 7 ‘No Mores’ in Revelation.
1) No more sea – Revelation 21:1.
2) No more sorrow – Revelation 21:4.
3) No more crying – Revelation 21:4.
4) No more pain – Revelation 21:4.
5) No more death – Revelation 21:4.
6) No more curse – Revelation 22:3.
7) No more night – Revelation 22:5.
Revelation 21:1-8 – A Bright New World.
Verse 1 – A New Creation of a new Heaven and Earth – the old has gone!
Verse 2 – A New Capital – the new Jerusalem the Holy City.
Verses 3 to 4 – A New Community – God’s people to enjoy His company.
Verses 5 to 8 – A New Constitution – words that are true and faithful.
Revelation 21:9-27 – The New Jerusalem. Its description and its glory:-
1) The city has been prepared for the Bride and Wife of the Lamb.
2) The city has 12 gates and its street is made of pure gold like transparent glass. It will be a sight to behold in all its splendour including its wall made from any kinds of precious stones. The list gives us 12 in number and the most valued stone by man and woman the diamond is not mentioned!
3) The city has no Temple as the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its Tabernacle as God now dwells with man.
4) The city has no need of the sun and the moon for light as the glory of God illuminates His city and The Lamb is seen as its light. Our Lord Yeshua/Jesus stated “I Am the Light of the World” and this statement is its final fulfilment for all time.
5) The city will never be defiled by sinners only those in the Lamb’s Book of Life will be allowed to enter this wondrous place.
We may note the 7 kinds of people who cannot enter listed in verse 8.
a. The cowardly.
b. The abominable unbelievers.
c. The murderers.
d. The sexually immoral.
e. The sorcerers.
f. The idolaters.
g. The liars.
The Throne of Life – Perfection at Last. Revelation Chapters 21-22.
The number 8 denotes a new beginning and so eight perfect points are given:
1) The Perfection of the Transformation – a new Heaven and a new Earth. Revelation 21:1.
2) Perfect Provision – the Tree of Life. Revelation 22:2.
3) Perfect Blessing – so no more curse. Revelation 22:3.
4) Perfect Government – the Throne of God and the Lamb. Revelation 22:3.
5) Perfect Service – His servants shall serve Him. Revelation 22:3.
6) Perfect Vision – they shall see His face. Revelation 22:4.
7) Perfect Reflection – His Name in their foreheads. Revelation 22:4.
8) Perfect Illumination – no night there. Revelation 22:5.
God’s Last Messages to Men. His revelation is perfect and complete.
1. The Last Proclamation – “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last” Revelation 22:13.
2. The Last Promise – “I come quickly” Revelation 22:7, 12, 20.
3. The Last Prayer – ‘Even so come, Lord Jesus’ Revelation 22:20.
4. The Last Prediction – “I Jesus the bright and morning star” Revelation 22:16.
5. The Last Provision – ‘ The water of life freely’ Revelation 22:17.
The Revelation Warnings in Chapter 22.
Rev 22:11 – “He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:18-19 – For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
The Final Benediction of the Holy Bible.
Rev 22:21. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ (Adonai Yeshua HaMashiach) be with you all. Amen.
Date : 30/11/-0001