Psalm 90 – part 2
A PRAYER OF MOSES, THE MAN OF GOD – TEFILAH SHEL LEMOSHE ISH SHEL HAELOHIM
Having the Right Perspective:
- God’s Sovereignty. (verses 1-2)
- a) He is the only True God – ‘Adonai – Lord’.
- b) He is also a Tender God – ‘You have been our dwelling place’.
- c) and He is a Timeless God – ‘from everlasting to everlasting You are God’.
- God’s Sympathy. (verses 3-4)
- a) The Lord knows the tyranny of the Tomb.
- b) The Lord knows the tyranny of Time.
- God’s Sentence. (verses 5-6)
Death comes to all – it is the great equaliser of all on this planet. cf Hebrews 9:27; 10:31.
Seeing the Real Problem:
- Our lives are known to God – our iniquities and secret sins He sees (verses 7-8).
- Our lives are so short – life can be quite brief through sickness and sorrow (verses 9-10).
- Our lives are numbered and we will have to give an account – we need a heart of wisdom (verses 11-12).
Our Reverent Prayers answered in:
- The Moving of God – Compassion. (verse 13)
- The Mercy of God – Loving kindness. (verses 14-15)
- The Might of God – Faithfulness towards us and our children. (verses 16)
- The Majesty of God – Grace and favour. (verses 17)
Back To List